The Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering Learning Resource Center provides printing from the lab computers. The resources provided by the lab are restricted to Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering students, faculty, and staff and students currently enrolled in any CAEE course.
All CAEE students will be allocated a $20 print quota to print to the LRC printers, but once you run out ITS black/white and color printers are available in the LRC (2.206). "Bevo Bucks" (http://www.utexas.edu/student/bevobucks) are required to use these printers. More information can be found at http://www.utexas.edu/its/utprint.
- Printing to the ITS printers is done using "Bevo Bucks".
- Plotting is only available through the LRC quota system.
- All the printers are accessed through the network. You have to be connected to the network prior to sending your jobs to the printers.
- You can print from Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 and MacOS.
- Black and White printing is $0.06/page.
- Discounts apply for duplexing.
Check Your Print Quota
Every student is given a print quota of $40 per semester. Click HERE to check your print quota. Select the "Continue to this website (not recommended)" link to check your quota.
Laser $0.06 per single page or $0.10 per double sided page
- HP LaserJet 9050dtn in ECJ 3.400 (LRC_Laser1). Sizes: 8.5 x 11 and 11 x 17
- HP LaserJet 9050dtn in ECJ 3.306 (LRC_Laser2). Sizes: 8.5 x 11 and 11 x 17
Plotter $0.25 per square foot
- Canon ImagePROgraf 825 plotter in ECJ 3.304. Sizes: C (18"x24") , D (24"x36") , E (36”x42”). Color or black and white.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I print to a CAEE printer?
For detailed instructions on how to print to the CAEE printers in the AUSTIN domain, click HERE.
How do I print to the LRC Plotter?
For detailed instructions on how to print to the LRC plotter in the AUSTIN domain, click HERE.
When will the quotas be effective?
Quotas will be in effect from the first day of each semester until the first day of each following semester.
What happens if I do not use up my quota in a semester?
Leftover credits will NOT be rolled over into a new semester. Quotas will be reset to $20 the first day of each semester.
What happens if the printer malfunctions?
Your quota includes a few extra pages for printer malfunction. If you run out of quota and feel that printer malfunction used a significant portion of your quota, then you can request more quota by filling out the Printer Quota Increase Request form. This will be done only for print jobs which were corrupted to due equipment failure or malfunction. If you are not sure what caused the malfunction, ask a proctor for help.
How can I request more quota?
We will consider increasing your printing quota due to extenuating circumstances on a case by case basis. If you would like to request more quota, please fill out the Printing Quota Increase Request form.