How to Make a Gift
Whether you are creating an endowment or providing immediate funds to support people and programs, there are many gift options that will accomplish your philanthropic goals.
- Online gift - Access the convenience of secure online giving through the University’s giving page.
- Check sent via US Mail – All checks in support of the CAEE Department should be made payable to The University of Texas at Austin. Please note in the memo line your gift's designation to the Department of Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering. Checks should be mailed to the address listed below.
- Matching gifts - Alumni and friends can maximize the impact of their gifts through employer matching gift programs.
- Bequests and Planned Gifts - Gift planning is one of the most powerful ways you can support the CAEE Department. Learn more about structuring a gift that will honor your values and meet your personal, financial and estate planning goals.
- Stock Transfer - A gift of appreciated stock is an excellent way to support the department, simultaneously avoiding capital gains tax and taking a charitable deduction.
- Wire Transfer – This method is most commonly used with gifts made outside of the US. To ensure proper credit of the gift, donors should contact a staff member in the Cockrell School of Engineering at 512-471-3395 to request transfer instructions.
All checks and documentation in support of the Cockrell School of Engineering should be mailed to:
The University of Texas at Austin
301 E. Dean Keeton St., C2104
Austin, TX 78712-0287
For any assistance related to making a gift, please contact CAEE development officer Henna Tayyeb or 512-471-4046.