Staff Excellence Award
The CAEE Staff Excellence Award is presented annually to recognize the outstanding contributions of our staff to the teaching, advising, mentoring, and research missions of the Department of Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering. Faculty and staff within the Cockrell School of Engineering may nominate individuals for their meritorious service.
The award honors dedicated individuals who are recognized by their supervisors, peers and faculty as having performed exceptional and meritorious service. Nomination Form (PDF)
The procedures for nominating staff, selecting award winners, and presenting the award(s) are summarized below.
A maximum of two Staff Excellence Awards will be presented annually by the Department.
The amount of each award is $1,500.
Nominees are expected to have demonstrated the following characteristics:
- Accepted new responsibilities, showed initiative, made creative contributions, and performed in an exemplary manner.
- Cooperated with co-workers, displayed a positive attitude, and enhanced staff morale.
- Performed at a level above and beyond normal job expectations.
Preference will be given to nominees who interact closely with students.
- Only staff with classified titles, who have been employed at least half-time, and who have worked in the Department at least two years at the time of the award presentation are eligible. (To qualify for the 2017 award, the nominee must have been employed within the Department, or an associated Research Center by April 14, 2015).
- Employees who have received this award within the last five years are not eligible.
- The CAEE Department Manager is not eligible.
- All faculty and staff within the Cockrell School of Engineering may submit nominations.
- Nomination materials must include at least two letters of support that specifically address how the nominee meets the selection criteria. Please cite specific examples of work performed by the nominee. The selection committee will not consider more than five letters of support.
- Nominations must be sent to the Staff Excellence Awards Selection Committee, c/o Hortensia Peoples, ECJ 4.200, MC C1700. Please seal the envelope and mark confidential.
- Deadline for submission is February 28, 2017.
- The nominee’s supervisor must verify that no job performance issues exist.
- Faculty serving on the Advisory Committee; however, nominators may not participate in the voting process.
- Winner(s) from the previous year.
Notification of Award
- The winner(s) will be announced before April 1, 2017.
- The award need not be granted each year.
Presentation of Awards
- The award(s) will be presented at the Annual Student Banquet on April 20, 2017.
- Each winner will receive a plaque.
- Each winner will receive a check in the amount of $1,500 less taxes. (Awards will be prepared by the UT-Austin Payroll Division and will comply with university, state, and federal tax regulations.)